Thursday, July 23, 2009

Adam & Eve

I can’t recall what exactly dragged out this topic, but I spent last Sunday arguing with my cousin over the true meaning of “the tree of life” God put in the middle of Eden_ didn’t go to church ooo.

She believed the tree of life had nothing to do with knowledge of good and evil, rather it had to do with sex, what else was in the middle of a person? Most definitely not a tree, and when God asked the important question of location, dumb Adam said “ I am naked’ _ see, he gained no knowledge at all, plus what do two naked people do?.

I found myself sprawled on the floor in uncontrollable laughter.
Is she then implying sex is evil, so evil God kicked Adam and his Rib out of the garden?

Sure I was in disagreement, my opinion was that just as God created animals in pairs, he realized Adam shouldn’t be alone, he too must be given a companion to help in the multiplication_ n’est pas?
Sex was therefore inevitable, moreover when driving them away, He placed and I quote “ at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims and a flaming sword which turned every way to keep the way of the tree of life”

If indeed the tree was something else _(wink), it should have caught fire by now. So where then did Cain and Abel come from, the “ goods” have been damaged lol!

The mysteries of the Bible are not for the simple minds of men.
To logically analysis it, would only lead to more confusion. It is the faith and belief in a Supreme Being and it’s mysteries that keep the magic alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment