Thursday, September 30, 2010

Alike?

Like the heart, the liver is also a four chambered organ. In fact it is the largest organ found in the human body. And though it may not be held in high esteem as the heart, its function is most basic and necessary for life.

It produces substances that break down food and converts it into glycogen, amino acids,vitamins etc which are the building blocks for the body. Most importantly, it is the detoxification unit; it filters all harmful substances from the blood.

Unless completely destroyed, the most amazing thing about the liver, is its regenerative nature. Where 2/3 of a liver has been removed through trauma or surgery, it will grow back to the original size within four weeks.

I think the heart in some way, can be compared to the liver. Somehow it manages to filter the good from the bad. It’s able to detoxify the body system such that, it can forgive and let go of wrongs.

It’s regenerative nature surpassing understanding, because it can rise from ashes, to love again.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting comparison and symbolism there, Lucci. I think I like it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! ONe post in and I know I will become intrigued in what you have to say. Thank you for following me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful writing as always.....

    ReplyDelete