Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Strange addiction

On the bus ride home, I couldn’t help but be mesmerized by the old man sitting a couple of seats away. He was so engulfed in the what he was doing, that he seemed not to notice the nine or so pair of eyes shooting bullets holes through his head.

For the thirty-five minutes ride to my stop, i watched him pull out the graying hair around his chin and neck area, and with each pluck, he popped the strand in his mouth and savored the taste with pure delight.

Though I found the sight quite disturbing, my eyes were but glued to the ritual. As my gaze traveled to his receding hairline, I wondered if the recession was natural or he had tucked a napkin in his collar and had had himself a feast.

He must be suffering from Trichotillomania (hair-pulling disorder)_goggled the word, can’t even pronounce it lol

What strange addictions do you know about?

4 comments:

  1. as for this one..lol.. am like what?!!!!!.. speaking of addictions.. No. 1 , Facebook!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. on the bus? eww! some addiction!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a program on TV , my strange addiction, the last time i watched,they showed some lady addicted to eating rocks.
    The urge is so great that, each day she jumps in her car and drives to the outskirt of the city where she's discovered the best tasting rocks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my !! :O..
    There was an episode of Tyra banks show of people with weird addiction.. it was featured a girl eating toilet paper ..

    ReplyDelete